How We Work
The Harrison Team is all about helping clients make wise investments when purchasing real estate. Our motto - Buy with knowledge. Sell with confidence - says it all. We understand you have options and thank you for considering us as your buyer representatives. We promise to serve you well, listen carefully, keep you informed every step of the way, and have fun working together to help you find the property that is right for you.
Getting StartedFirst, we conduct an in-depth interview to understand your goals, timetable and concerns about affordability and financing. We want to learn the type of property you are interested in purchasing, including size and features, and any special desires and needs you have. Then we will:
- Explain "agency" relationships in the state of California.
- Explain how the commission is paid and distributed.
- Outline the property-buying process and provide a timeline.
- Provide you with resources for information about communities, schools, transportation and recreational facilities.
- Assist you throughout the financing process. A mortgage specialist will outline the loan types currently available and recommend the ones best suited for you and for your goals.
- Facilitate a mortgage pre-approval process with our affiliated lender, prior to showing you homes. Pre-approval puts you in a stronger negotiating position.
- Review the costs involved in the property-buying process.
- Review all documents, including contracts, disclosures, disclaimers and inspection reports.
- Provide guidance to assist you in the acquisition of your selected property, including the negotiation of all offers authorized by you.
Finding a HomeWe will stay focused on the types of properties that best suit your needs and goals. This helps keep the process on track and within our agreed timeline. We will:
- Give you access to property listings on our website and to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
- Locate, personally preview and present selected properties to you that meet your criteria.
- Review the benefits and the drawbacks of each property in which you may be interested.
Making an OfferThis is where we can really help make things smooth and uncomplicated for you as a buyer. Our years of experience and ability to negotiate skillfully on your behalf, enables us to provide you valuable service as your real estate professionals. We will:
- Represent your interests, respect your confidentiality, and work diligently to help you reach your goals.
- Prepare and review with you a competitive market analysis (CMA) of the property you wish to purchase so that you can make an informed decision about the offering price.
- Counsel you on the best offer strategy considering current market conditions.
- Prepare your offer to purchase and, if possible, present your offer in person to the seller.
- Advise you as to whether to include a physical inspection contingency and/or a loan contingency in your offer. Recommend the need for obtaining a warranty to certain items in the home, preferably provided by the seller.
- Negotiate the best price and terms for your purchase of the property given existing market conditions and your personal situation.
- Open escrow when your offer is accepted, and schedule the events that will lead to a successful close of escrow.
Closing the SaleWe leave nothing to chance. This part of the process is important and we will:
- Monitor the status and satisfaction of all contract contingencies and assist you in any further negotiations with the seller.
- Offer regular progress updates.
- Provide you with a list of professionals or vendors who perform the services and/or inspections recommended in the Buyer's Inspection Advisory.
- Deliver and/or communicate to you, in a timely manner, any disclosures, materials or information that we receive which could materially affect your decision to complete the purchase.
- Schedule and attend property inspections. Discuss your options based on inspection results.
- Monitor your loan approval process and coordinate the appraisal of the property.
- Advise you on options should problems arise with any part of the escrow process from loan, to title, to property inspections and assist in renegotiating the contract if necessary.
- Accompany you on a property walk-through inspection before closing as provided for in the contract. Contact you after the closing to confirm the completion of all the details.
- Provide you with an opportunity to evaluate the services you received via a post-transaction survey from an independent company named Quality Service Certification.